Please present information in the following order:
1. General Information
• Name and address of organization submitting the proposal
• Name, email and telephone number of executive director and the primary contact person
• Year of incorporation
• Mission of organization
• Population and number of people served by organization
• Size of organization’s budget
• Size of project budget, if different
• Number of staff, full time and part time
• Number of volunteers
• Brief (one or two sentence) summary of the purpose of the project
2. Executive Summary
Provide a summary of the proposal, not to exceed one page.
3. Community Need
What challenge does this project seek to address?
4. Purpose of the Project
Describe your proposed project and its goals. How does it address the community need identified above? How does the project meet the selection criteria for the Closing the Gap grant?
What is the anticipated impact of this project? What difference will CTG funding make?
Are there any similar existing projects or organizations that are addressing the same need?
If so, please identify them. If not, how is your project unique?
How is your organization working with the identified projects/organizations?
7. Action Plan
What steps must be taken to accomplish your goals? Include staffing and timeline.
8. Project Funding Plan
Provide a project budget, aligned with the action plan above including how a Closing the Gap grant would be used. Closing the Gap will give special attention to organizations that utilize funding provided by Closing the Gap within one year.
Please address plans for the long-term sustainability of this project. If applicable, please include a list of other potential and actual sources of funding.
Describe how your organization will track progress toward the project goals and evaluate the effectiveness of the proposed project.
• What measurements are you using to measure your impact?
• How will you measure success?
11. Organizational Competence
Does your organization have the capacity to implement the project you are proposing?
For example, address your organization’s governance structure, staffing, familiarity with the target population, track record of success, etc. Please include a short (one paragraph) biography of the Executive Director (if applicable) and the project/program manager.
12. Financial Information for Organization
Include the organization’s current year operating budget; a summary of actual income and expenses for the past two years; the most recent balance sheet; and a list of funding sources and amounts received from these sources over the past two years.
13. Board of Directors
Include a list of the current officers and directors of the organization and their affiliations.
14. Verification of 501(c)3 status
Include a letter from the IRS confirming your tax-exempt status