Please follow the guidelines below. A committee will review each proposal based on your ability to address the criteria and guidelines listed below.
Please present information in the following order:
1. General Informationshould be identified on page one.
• Name and address of organization submitting the proposal
• Name, email and telephone number of executive director and the primarycontact person
• Year of incorporation
• Mission of organization
• Population and number of people served by organization
• Size of organization’s budget
• Size of project budget, if different
• Number of staff – full time and part time
• Number of volunteers
• Brief (one or two sentence) summary of the purpose of the project
2. Executive Summary: Provide a summary of the proposal, not to exceed half a page. Include the amount of funds you are requesting and describe how these funds will be used to assist you in carrying out your mission.
3. Community Need: Provide a brief description of the community needs, not to exceed one half of a page. Please include a description of the challenges in the community that this project proposes to address.
4. Purpose of the Project: Describe your program mission, program goals and activities in two to three pages in length. You should address how this project will address the criteria identified by the Closing the Gap Foundation as well as how this proposal will address the community need(s) identified in item number three. In addition to this please discuss the following:
- Program Impact:
• What is the anticipated impact of this project on those you will be serving?
• How willthe CTG funding assist you in addressing your long-term project goals?
• Are there any similar existing projects or organizations that are addressing the same need?
• If so, please identify them, and describe how you are or might collaborate with these other programs to address your program goals.
• If not, how is your project unique?
Action Plan: Describe thehow the activities, staff needs, and timeline for this project will assist you in meeting the goals of this project.
5. Project Budget: Provide a project budget, aligned with the action planabove including how a CTG grant would be used. (CTG will give special attention to organizations that utilize funding provided by CTG within one year.)
6. Sustainability:Please address plans for the long-term sustainability of thisproject. If applicable, identify other sources offunding that you have applied for or have received in support of this project.
7. Evaluation: Provide a description of your evaluation plan which includes:
• A formative (5-month review) and summative overview of your project.
• A list of activities and outcomes.
• The measurements used to ensure that the outcomes are met through the activities identified in this project.
8. Organizational Competence: Describe your programs capacity to implement the project you are proposing. You should address the following:
• Governance structure
• Familiarity with the targetpopulation, track record of success, etc.
• Please include a short (one paragraph)biography of the Executive Director and/or the project/program manager.
9. Financial Information for Organization:
• Include the organization’s currentyear operating budget;
• A summary of actual income and expenses for the past twoyears;
• The most recent balance sheet; and a list of funding sources and amounts received from these sources over the past two years.
10. Board of Directors: Include a list of the current officers and directors of theorganization and their affiliations.
11. Verification of 501(c)3 status: Include a letter from the IRS confirming yourtax-exempt status